- To start the VM provisioning process, navigate to https://use.jetstream-cloud.org.
Login in the top right to authenticate using your XSEDE credentials.
- On the Globus Auth screen click .
- Enter your XSEDE credentials; confirm whether you will allow your credentials to be used to access Jetstream.
Best results will occur if you treat your username as if it were case-sensitive when using Jetstream.
- Complete your multifactor authorization with your provider and separate device (like a smart phone).
- To proceed, you maybe requested to click
Allow for Jetstream web-apps and the web interface to Jetstream will load.
- Once you are authenticated via Globus Auth, you will end up on the Jetstream landing page, also called the Dashboard. On this page you will be able to:
- launch a new instance
- browse help resources
- change your settings
- see your resources and usage history
- view a Jetstream Community Activity feed
- As SSH is a primary method to access Jetstream resources, we recommend you add SSH keys for each host machine from which you will connect to Jestream.
Launch an instance
- Click from the Dashboard screen.
- On the Featured Images screen, search for the image you would like to use or to scroll through the images that you have permission to use.
- Click on the image you would like to use then click to begin the process of creating an instance.
- On the 'Launch an Instance / Basic Options' page:
- Give your instance a name
- Select the version if there are multiple versions available
- Select a project for your instance or create a new project
- Select the allocation source
- Choose which provider you want to run on, Indiana or TACC
- Select the instance size
- Click .
- Review the information entered for provisioning your instance.
- If everything is OK click to start the build process.
- To make changes, click to return to previous screens.
- To add or create a deployment script, click .
- When the status shows as , click on the name of the instance to display the instance details.
- To login to the instance, click on Links. If this is unavailable try refreshing your window. If the link is still not enabled, log in to your instance via SSH for your operating system., located on the lower right hand side of the screen under
- If you are using install your SSH key before provisioning and launching the instance you will be prompted to enter your XSEDE username and password. and you did not