1. To get started using a Jetstream virtual machine, click
Launch New Instance from the Dashboard screen. On the list of images page, scroll through the the list of images or enter an image name, tag or description in the search box. For instance, to locate images named or tagged with “CentOS”, enter that text in the search bar. The search is not case sensitive.
2. After selecting an image, details about that image will be displayed. From here, add the selected image to a project, star it as a favorite, or edit image information. Click Edit details to:
- Update the name of the image
- Set a date to hide the image from public view
- Modify the description
- Add or delete tags
- Click Launch
3. On the Launch an Instance / Basic Options screen:
Below are several screens that typically displayed during the provisioning process.
The instance will be ready for use when a green dot (◉) and
Active are in the Status column .
Please note that it may take some time for instances to become active, 5-10 minutes on average. The start up time also depends on how busy the system is and on the size of the VM requested.
Once the instance is Active /wiki/spaces/JWT/pages/27951155, may be performed on the image.