To request OpenStack API access, email email@example.com with the subject "Requesting Jetstream API access for the <XYZ PROJECT>". In your email, answer as many of the questions listed below as possible.
- Briefly describe what you want to do and how you’re going to do it.
- What will runtime operations look like?
- Does this application exist already or is this primarily a development effort? If yes, what parts exist and where can they be referenced?
- What API are you planning on using, Openstack, RADOS, Atmosphere, EC2, S3, something else?
- Are any of these gateways? Might it spawn a gateway in the future?
- What resources could you conceive this project consuming once in production? Please include sustained as well as peak resource demands.
- Do you anticipate bursting into/out of Jetstream?
- Jetstream contains more than one OpenStack cloud. Were you aware of this and do you think your implementation will be able to leverage multiple clouds initially? Eventually?
Are there long term storage needs, for example for reference data, that need to be accessible from the running instances? If so, how much storage is needed?
- Are there run-time scratch/transient/workbench storage needs?
- What is/are the XSEDE project name(s)?
- Who is working on this project and what are their roles?
- Is there a group account that development will occur under?
- Is there one primary developer that will be using this account; or, will a group of individuals be developing code within this account?