The underlying cloud providers have hardware with:
- 10 Gbps network connectivity from the compute hosts to the cloud's internal network infrastructure
- 4-fold 40 Gbps uplinks from the cloud infrastructure to the site's enterprise infrastructure
- 100 Gbps connectivity from the site infrastructure to the Internet2 backbone
- 10 Gbps redundant connectivity to the XSEDE research network
- Individual instances have full access to this infrastructure with no added speed limits.
Public IP: For instances managed by the Atmosphere user interface, all instances are currently provided access to an optional public IP address.
Open ports: Current Atmosphere security policy only opens ports 22, 80, and 443 or ports > 1024 by default.
All other ports are closed by default.
Default open ports may be closed through local instance based security controls, though care should be taken to not disrupt essential Jetstream services.
Public IP: All API instances have only private network IP addresses by default. Public IP addresses can be requested.
Open ports: All API instances have no open security by default.
Control of networking and security for API instances is described in the API (OpenStack command line) documentation.